We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Fruit muffins
Luscious red strawberries make these muffins special. Nice for breakfast or a morning snack!
212 people made this
- 75g (3 oz) porridge oats
- 225ml (8 fl oz) buttermilk
- 100g (4 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 175g (6 oz) light brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 175g (6 oz) fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Grease and flour a muffin tin, or use paper muffin cups. In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk, and let stand 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Blend in the oat mixture. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(195)
Reviews in English (164)
Altered ingredient amounts.added less sugar and salt, substituted oli for butter-28 May 2011
Altered ingredient amounts.Mixture is too wet so I will reduce the liquid next time. But they taste great!-03 Jul 2011
Very nice made as a pan cake so it could be sliced.-20 Jul 2015
|Block Reason:||Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons|
|Time:||Fri, 11 Jun 2021 4:13:02 GMT|
Wordfence is a security plugin installed on over 3 million WordPress sites. The owner of this site is using Wordfence to manage access to their site.
You can also read the documentation to learn about Wordfence's blocking tools, or visit wordfence.com to learn more about Wordfence.
Generated by Wordfence at Fri, 11 Jun 2021 4:13:02 GMT.
Your computer's time: .
Strawberry Muffin Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this strawberry muffin recipe:
- Fresh strawberries, of course! Dice them into little 1/4-inch pieces.
- All-purpose and whole wheat flours – I love using this combination in baking recipes. It makes the muffins wholesome, but still tender and fluffy. – I turn to almond flour whenever I want to make really moist, tender quick breads or muffins. Just like in my banana bread and blueberry muffin recipes, it perfects the texture of these strawberry muffins.
- Baking powder and eggs – They help the muffins puff up as they bake.
- Sea salt – Don’t skip it! Even though these muffins are sweet, the salt is necessary to make the spiced strawberry flavor pop. – Or any milk you keep on hand. Homemade oat milk would be great here too!
- Extra-virgin olive oil – Feel free to substitute a neutral oil if you prefer, such as vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil.
- Cane sugar – For sweetness.
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract – They fill the muffins with warm depth of flavor.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Frozen vs. Fresh Strawberries:
Fresh strawberries will produce the best results in this recipe. However, you can use either fresh or frozen strawberries.
Generally speaking, you can use fresh or frozen berries pretty interchangeably when baking cakes, muffins, and cookies. Frozen berries will lower the temperature of the baked goods and may require up to an additional 5 minutes of baking time.
I have also noticed that frozen berries release more moisture than fresh berries. I always recommend reducing the liquid just a bit, in this case – milk – to prevent the recipe from becoming too “wet”.
For this recipe, I recommend reducing the milk to 3/4 cup rather than 1 cup if using frozen berries.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (Optional)
- 12 slices fresh strawberry
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
Mix lemon juice with as much milk as needed to measure 1 cup let the soured milk stand for 5 minutes before using.
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
Cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time add the lemon extract.
Gradually stir in the lemon zest and soured milk.
Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl.
Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
Place a strawberry slice atop each muffin and sprinkle with some of the 1 tablespoon white sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before serving warm.
Ingredients of Strawberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup strawberry
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
How to make Strawberry Muffins
To prepare this delicious muffin recipe, first chop the strawberries into rough pieces. Keep them aside.
Take a big bowl and add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in it. Also, add strawberries into this bowl and mix everything together.
Take another bowl and break eggs in it. Add melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract in this bowl and mix everything together till it is well blended.
Transfer the egg and milk mixture into the flour and strawberry mix and fold them together till the muffin batter is very well mixed.
Next, preheat the oven at 375F. Meanwhile, line a muffin tin with paper liners. Pour the muffin batter into the tray. Place some sugar on the top of the uncooked muffins.
Bake the muffins at 375F for around 25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool.
Serve these delectable muffins as a dessert or a tea time snack, with a frosting of your choice.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
These strawberry muffins are easy to make, so you can enjoy them anytime you are craving one! To make the muffins, line a muffin tin (or two) with liners. (This recipe made 14 muffins.) In a large bowl, add the cold butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands, cover the butter with the flour mixture and start breaking down each cube until you have a crumbly mixture.
Next, in a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and eggs. Mix these ingredients together and pour over the butter mixture. Stir until just incorporated. Then, gently fold in the strawberries. Fill each lined muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, with no wet batter.
Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin(s) for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Store them in an airtight container for up to two days. To freeze the muffins, let them cool completely before placing them in the freezer for about an hour. Remove them from the freezer and store them in a freezer-safe container. Be sure to label and date the container.
- 5 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (or sweetener of choice), separated in half (SEE NOTES)
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour (super fine), not meal
- 2 tsp baking powder, FRESH
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, fine diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease, spray or line a muffin tin with papers.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar to a bowl with the strawberries. Mix and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sweetener. The warm, melted butter will help dissolve the sweetener.
- Add eggs, vanilla and cream. Beat until frothy.
- Sift together almond flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Evenly fill each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with paper liners.
Whisk applesauce, sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add flour, baking soda and salt whisk until combined. Gently fold in strawberries. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Homemade Muffins
- This is an easy homemade muffin recipe that you can really mix up to it your own. The base is slightly sweet and very good on its own. You can mix in other berries, add mini chocolate chips to this recipe, use cinnamon chips or white chocolate chips…so many options to make this base recipe into something else.
- When making muffins be very careful not to over mix the batter. You want to stop mixing once the flour is just incorporated into the batter or your muffins will be tough and not nearly as tender.
- Muffins are great to freeze, we always have them in the freezer for quick breakfasts or treats in lunch boxes.
- To fill muffin tins, use an ice cream scoop. This way they will be even and you won’t have dribbles of batter all over your muffin tray.
In the summer strawberries are everywhere. When we lived in the Midwest we would go pick pounds and pounds of them and bake and cook for days! They just scream summer! So if you are entertaining, or just want to enjoy summer these muffins should be added to your list to make.
If you don’t use the Ibotta App yet, now is the time! You can easily go sign up and start earning cash back on groceries and online shopping right away. Trust me, it is so easy to use you will be kicking yourself that you waited until now to start!